- 1 Best Instant Hot Water Dispenser Reviews (Updated List)
- 1.1 1. InSinkErator Instant Hot Water Dispenser
- 1.2 2. InSinkErator Contour Instant Hot Water Dispenser
- 1.3 3. Ready Hot Water Dispenser
- 1.4 4. InSinkErator View Instant Hot Water Dispenser
- 1.5 5. Anaheim Quick and Hot Instant Hot Water Tank
- 1.6 6. Westbrass Hot Water Dispenser
- 1.7 7. FRANKE Instant Hot Water Filtration Heating Tank
- 2 Signs That You Need an Instant Hot Water Dispenser
- 3 What Is an Instant Hot Water Dispenser, and How Does It Work?
- 4 Advantages of Instant Hot Water Dispensers
- 5 What is the difference between an Instant Hot Water Dispenser and a Water Heater?
- 6 Things to Consider When Choosing Your Instant Hot Water Dispenser
- 7 How to Install an Instant Hot Water Dispenser in Your Kitchen?
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9 Best Instant Hot Water Dispensers Comparison Chart
- 10 Wrap Up
Do you know what is better than drinking fresh cold water? You may not believe it, but it is drinking hot water. There are three main reasons for this. The first one is that warm water eliminates the toxic particles from your body. The second one is that it hydrates your organism better than cold water. The last but not least, warm water helps your kidneys get rid of the unnecessary stomach acids.
Now it is time to find the best instant hot water dispenser, which will provide hot water to you whenever you need it. Using it, you will also save a lot of your money and time. There is already a variety of such dispensers at the market, and finding the top one would be a long and exhausting process.
Therefore, we have written reviews on instant hot water dispensers to assist you with this. We have also created a unique buying guide for you, which is full of useful information and wise pieces of advice. Enjoy reading!
InSinkErator Instant Hot Water Dispenser
|View On Amazon|
InSinkErator Contour Instant Hot Water Dispenser
|View On Amazon|
Ready Hot Water Dispenser
|View On Amazon|
InSinkErator View Instant Hot Water Dispenser
|View On Amazon|
Anaheim Quick and Hot Instant Hot Water Tank
|View On Amazon|
Westbrass Hot Water Dispenser
|View On Amazon|
FRANKE Instant Hot Water Filtration Heating Tank
|View On Amazon|
Best Instant Hot Water Dispenser Reviews (Updated List)
In this part of our buying guide, we are going to show you the products that we find the top options in the market. Please, note that they are not presented in any particular order:
1. InSinkErator Instant Hot Water Dispenser
The InSinkErator dispenser is one of the top products at the market mainly because of its temperature control, its easy installation, and its capacity for delivering hot water. The water that comes out of the dispenser can nearly reach the temperature of boiling water. If you want to adjust it, though, you can do it thanks to its temperature control. This dispenser is easy to install as it comes with tank connections that do not require using any tools.
The InSinkErator has the capacity to deliver around 60 cups of nearly – boiling water per hour. The unit comes with a power cord, which you need to run the dispenser. Although it may seem inconvenient for you to hold the handle of the hot water all the time when you want it running, it is actually designed like this for safety reasons. It would not be very safe to leave the boiling water run all the time. The plastic tubing of the unit is BPA free, so it is safe for your health to drink the hot water the dispenser provides.
- It comes with temperature control.
- It is effortless to install.
- The water in it always stays hot.
- The dispenser can provide up to 60 cups of hot water per hour.
- To have the water running, you have to push the handle away from the sink, which is inconvenient.
- You have to hold the handle all the time while the water is running.
2. InSinkErator Contour Instant Hot Water Dispenser
The first thing which grasps our attention is the price of the Contour dispenser. It is much cheaper in comparison to other products of the same kind. Moreover, it consumes very little energy, so it is one of the top budget-friendly options. This dispenser features a unique design that makes the handle easy to operate with. At the same time, the unit is pretty handy to install – the only thing you need to do is to make two holes – one in the counter and the other one under the sink.
This dispenser comes with its own power cord. You do not need to buy one separately. This device works with any water filtration system if you want the water you drink to be filtered. If you are worried that the plastic tubing of the dispenser can affect the taste of the hot water, then you can easily replace it with a copper tubing. If you have any issues with the machine, you should know that it comes with a 3-year-in-home warranty service.
- The price of this dispenser is rather low.
- It consumes very little energy while operating.
- The product features an easy-to-grasp handle.
- It comes with a 3-year warranty.
- The plastic tubing may affect the taste of the hot water.
- The length of the supply line that comes with the product is too short and makes the mounting of the unit challenging.
3. Ready Hot Water Dispenser
If you want a dispenser that can provide you with 60 cups of 190 F degree per hour and that is very cheap to maintain, the Ready Water Dispenser is for you. This product features automated protection, which will make sure that the tank won’t burn out if it starts dry. The product doesn’t come with a manual, but one is not needed as the installation is pretty easy. However, you should keep in mind that this system is a tank only, which means that it can only replace an already existing tank. If you don’t have the faucet assembly, you’d better buy a complete system that would include a tank and a faucet.
The entire system will definitely come with instructions. You can use any kind of filter with the Ready Dispenser. Another useful feature of this product is that you don’t need to hold the handle of the cold water to keep it on; it does this by itself.
- The product is inexpensive to maintain.
- The dispenser has automated heat protection.
- The device is made of stainless steel.
- The dispenser provides both hot and cold filtered water thanks to its two faucets.
- When you turn the hot water on, there is a long delay before it comes to your fingertips.
- When the hot water comes, it frequently splashes, which causes inconvenience.
4. InSinkErator View Instant Hot Water Dispenser
You will definitely be impressed by the design of the InSInkErator View Dispenser. Its style makes it fit the traditional design of your kitchen faucets. The unit is very easy to install – you only need to make one hole in the counter. This dispenser has a compact faucet that is easily operated by a lever. The tank of the device is made of stainless steel and features temperature control. You can quickly adjust the temperature you need by using this control. If you need cold water from the dispenser, you just need to hold the faucet in the cold-water direction. The cold water will have room temperature. We cannot expect it to be freezing as if coming from the fridge.
The unit comes with all the tools needed for its installation included in the box. There are only two disadvantages to using this product. The first one is that you need to hold the handle, while the water is running. The other one is that it makes some noise when it heats the water.
- This dispenser has a very stylish design.
- The unit is mounted easily since the product comes with all the tools necessary for this.
- The device features temperature control, thanks to which you can adjust the temperature you need.
- The tank is made of stainless steel.
- You need to hold the handle while the water is running.
- The dispenser is a bit noisy when it makes hot water.
5. Anaheim Quick and Hot Instant Hot Water Tank
The Anaheim Quick Hot Water tank got our attention because of its very low price. This is surely one of the top deals in the market, especially having in mind its other advantages. First of all, it has the capacity to make 60 cups of hot water per hour. Then you can adjust its temperature to reach the one that suits you. Its tank is made of stainless steel which will ensure that it won’t get rusty after several years of use. One of its unique features is a thermal fuse that is self-resetting and serves as heater protection.
The installation of this unit is easy. However, you should keep in mind that it is intended only to replace another tank that is already out of use. If you want to use this tank in a new installation, then the mounting of the unit will be much more difficult. The Anaheim water tank can be attached even to a portable sink or to an outdoor hose. The only thing you need to do this is to order a special faucet. You will also need the necessary adapters for the hose.
- The price of the Anaheim tank is very low.
- It can produce 60 cups of hot water per hour.
- It features a self –resetting thermal fuse, which is its heater protection.
- The material, of which the tank is made, is stainless steel.
- Some users complain that this tank sputters hot water all the time.
- The tank is designed only as a replacement for another tank.
6. Westbrass Hot Water Dispenser
Even though the Westbrass Dispenser may seem to you a bit more expensive than the average price, it is worth the money. It is easy to use, as it has only one handle to operate. It also takes very little time to install. The tubing is copper, unlike the tubings of most of the other top dispensers. So you won’t need to replace it as people often do with plastic ones. The tank is a rubber bladder inside, which is better than steel.
The Westbrass has an elegant design that can fit any kitchen interior. If you want to use a filter with this dispenser, you should put it between the heating tank and the water supply. This product has one major disadvantage, and it is that it cannot be modified to provide cold water. However, you can adjust the temperature of the hot water. If you ever have issues with the hose that carries hot water to the faucet, you can replace it.
- This dispenser is easy to install and use.
- It features a copper tubing and a rubber bladder inside.
- You can adjust the temperature of the hot water.
- It has a stylish unit.
- This dispenser is more expensive in comparison to other products of the same type.
- This device cannot be used for cold water.
- The product produces some noise while operating.
7. FRANKE Instant Hot Water Filtration Heating Tank
The FRANKE Heating Tank can make up to 60 cups of nearly boiling water. Actually, the temperature of the water can reach 194 F degrees. If you don’t need that hot water, then you can use the dial that is placed on the front part of the tank to adjust the temperature. The tank is made of stainless steel. You can use this tank with all FRANKE filtration faucets for hot and cold water.
The unit is installed under your sink, which won’t change the interior of your kitchen. The 130 watts that the tank needs help it maximize the time during which the water is heated, as well as speed up the water flow. The unit doesn’t come with any faucets or filter cartridges, so you need to provide them additionally. If you don’t have a FRANKE faucet, you’d better get a new one to make sure it works well. If the hot water stops running out of a sudden, then you should check the outlet as it sometimes gets tripped, reset it, and try again later.
- This tank can heat the water to 194 F degrees.
- This unit features a convenient dial to adjust the temperature with it.
- The capacity of the tank is 60 cups per hour.
- It can maximize the amount of time necessary for heating water.
- The tank is installed under the sink so that you won’t bother for the design of your kitchen.
- The tubes which are necessary to connect the unit are not included in the box.
- FRANKE doesn’t have a good help service, and if you call them, it will take them some time to answer if they answer at all.
Signs That You Need an Instant Hot Water Dispenser
- You need hot water, but you don’t have the time to wait for it to boil. We know how it goes, you work late hours, and the last thing you want to do is to spend the rest of your evening cooking. Instead, you can devote this valuable time to your family. If this is your case, then you should consider getting an instant hot water dispenser, which will speed up the time in the kitchen.
- You are not happy with the way your dishwasher cleans the cooking utensils. Having a dishwasher is of great convenience when it comes to glasses and dishes. However, we have all encountered the problem of washing greasy pans and pots. You always have to rewash them after the dishwasher. Now you don’t have to do this anymore. You can just use the hot water from your dispenser in the pans/pots and then put them in the dishwasher.
- You are tired of using different chemicals of suspicious efficiency to try to clean your sink. Cleaning a sink usually takes hours and requires using strong chemicals that are not good for your health. If you own a hot water dispenser, this won’t trouble you anymore. The only thing you need to do is to put boiling water from the machine in your sink. This will be enough to sanitize it.
- You pay high bills for hot water. This is normal because it takes a lot of time for the water in the heating pipes and at the faucet to become hot. If this is the case with your hot water at home, you shouldn’t think twice. The instant hot water dispenser can help you save a lot of money as it provides you with instant hot water.
- You have a baby, and you want all the bottles it uses to be sanitized. The most natural thing for every mother is to want the best for her children’s health. Using sanitized dishes and bottles during the very first months of the baby’s life is crucial for its health.
The instant hot water dispenser comes to the rescue. You don’t need to wait for hours for the water to boil so that you can clean your baby’s bottles. Since we have mentioned bottles, please go and check our reviews on supreme filtered water bottles. The only thing you need is an instant hot water dispenser in which the temperature of the water can nearly reach one of boiling water.
If you want to check what is the quality of the water from the instant hot water dispenser, we would advise you to read our reviews on top water test kits available at our home page. We are sure that using the water test kit, you will find out that the water from the dispenser is of much better quality than tap water.
What Is an Instant Hot Water Dispenser, and How Does It Work?
After you have read the signs that you need an instant dispenser for hot water and you have come to the conclusion that it would be useful to get one, we want to go deeper and explain what an instant hot water dispenser is and how it works.
The instant hot water dispenser falls into the category of plumbing appliances. The only thing you need to do to have hot water instantly is to push a single button or push the faucet of the dispenser. It can be installed above the kitchen sink or under it. The latter case is the most common one, but it depends on the space in your kitchen where you are going to mount it.
To install your dispenser, you’d better call a plumber to do it. He will connect the device to the water supply that already exists. If you have a tank water dispenser, then it will start heating the water whenever it goes into it. When the water reaches near-boiling temperature, the tank keeps it always hot for you.
Whenever you use any of the hot water from the tank, it will be filled up with cold water, which will be very soon heated. Most of the dispensers available at the market have a thermostat or another type of temperature control. This device measures the temperature of the water and controls the heater that is situated inside the tank. If you have a tankless dispenser, then the water will be heated whenever you want it to.
Advantages of Instant Hot Water Dispensers
In this part of our article, we have summarized the benefits of instant hot water dispensers to help you decide whether you need one or not.
- Instant hot water dispensers, as their name suggests, provide you with the necessary amount of hot water in the blink of an eye. If you use another heating method, let’s say a kettle, you need to way for a long time for the water to boil. This is not the case with the dispenser. You can have hot water just after pressing a button.
- Most of the instant hot water dispensers are energy efficient. They use very little electricity to keep the water in the tank hot. If you use a kettle to boil water, it will use much more energy.
- Instant hot water dispensers come in different sizes. You get the size that will hold the amount of water that you and your family will need. One thing is for sure dispensers have a much bigger capacity than kettles.
- Most of the water dispensers feature some temperature control. Thus you can adjust the temperature to get the one that you need. I agree that it is not necessary to make tea or coffee with boiling water! First of all, it changes the taste. Then, it is not energy-efficient.
- As we have already mentioned, water dispensers come in different sizes. They can also be different types. You can choose the one that will best fit your home interior and won’t take up much of your space. If there isn’t a lot of space where to put a portable hot water dispenser, you can get a unit that is mounted under the sink. Otherwise, you can get the portable one and move it around the room according to your preference.
If you are interested to know more about the different types of instant hot and cold water dispensers, or you want to get informed about other ways to have your water filtered, we would recommend you to visit our homepage. There you will find a variety of water filtration solutions, reviews and buying guides for them. We hope that you will find the information useful and we would be able to help you make the best decisions on which filtration systems to use.
What is the difference between an Instant Hot Water Dispenser and a Water Heater?
Many people may wonder what the difference between an instant hot water dispenser and a water heater is. The answer to this question will help you decide which one of the two systems will serve your needs better. So we have included this section in which we describe both of them.
Instant Hot Water Dispenser
As its name suggests, the instant hot water dispenser is a device that allows you the lux of having hot water instantly whenever you want. Usually, the machine is in the form of a small tank in which there is a built-in water heater. When installed into your kitchen, it functions as it heats the water that is inside it and then keeps in hot.
Most of the people use instant hot water dispensers in their kitchens so that they can have hot water in small amounts. Instant hot water dispensers have the considerable advantage of providing you with near-boiling hot water instantly all the time.
However, there are also some disadvantages of using an instant hot water dispenser. The first one is that it needs electricity to operate. So whenever there is an issue with the power supply at your home, you won’t have hot water.
Another disadvantage is that the dispenser is intended to provide only small amounts of water, and if you need larger quantities, it won’t be of good use for you. Yet another drawback of using a dispenser is that if you need hot water at peak hours, you will have to pay higher electricity bills because the cost of the energy at that time of the day is much higher.
There are two types of water heaters – the tank and the tankless ones. According to recent statistics, most of the people prefer the tank water heaters. Unlike hot water dispensers, water heaters are intended to provide larger quantities of hot water. Thus they can give you all the necessary supplies of hot water for your kitchen and bathroom.
Some of the water heaters use electricity to heat the water; others use gas. Tank water heaters also have some drawbacks. The first one is that you need to wait for a lot of time for the water to get hot. Another disadvantage is that the amount of hot water you will get depends on the size of the tank. So if the tank is small, you may not have the necessary quantity of water. The third inconvenience is again related to the size of the tank – if it is too big, it will take a lot of space in your bathroom.
The tankless water heaters are more energy-efficient because they heat water only when you need them to. In addition to this, the tankless heating systems don’t take up any of your space. Of course, this type of water heaters also has its flaws.
First of all, if your heater works on gas, then you need to make some changes in your home. Also, the tankless water heater requires constant maintenance because of the concentration of minerals. You will also probably need to get a water softener to minimize the damage from the absorption of minerals.
Actually, it is advisable to use water softeners with any type of water heating system. Thus you will make sure that the concentration of minerals won’t damage your heating system. If you want to learn more about water softeners and their benefits, we will encourage you to visit our homepage and read our reviews on top water softeners. You can prolong the life of your heating system, just by one visit to our website and a quick review of the top water softeners.
Instant Hot Water Dispensers or Water Heaters
To answer this question honestly, we have to say that it is best to have both a water heater and an instant hot water dispenser. It is out of the question that having a water heater in each home is one of the necessities of nowadays. However, we also have to admit that an instant hot water dispenser in your kitchen is of great convenience to provide you instantly with small amounts of hot water.
Things to Consider When Choosing Your Instant Hot Water Dispenser
Most of the instant hot water dispensers at the market are worth considering buying. They share the same main features and just vary in terms of some characteristics. Here we will tell you about the most important things to look at when you are choosing your future instant hot water device:
- The Size of the Tank – Of course, there are some tankless hot water dispensers, but if you want to have a tank one, then you should have the size in mind. The capacity of most of the tank dispensers at the market is either ½ or 1/3 gallons of water, in other words – around 60 cups per hour. When deciding on the size of the tank, measure the space where you intend to install the dispenser. Make sure that there is enough space for it, so you won’t need to return the product.
- The Material the Tank Is Made of – There are two types of materials used for the tank of the dispenser – stainless steel and a rubber bladder. Most people prefer stainless steel. It is a bit more expensive, but it lasts for longer. Whereas, the rubber bladder is cheaper, but it gives out after approximately one year of being used.
- The Power of the Tank – There are three variations of instant hot water dispensers – 1300, 750 and 500 watts. The 1300 watts can make around 100 cups of hot water per hour. If you use less hot water, then you can get the 500 watts with the smaller tank. If you use a lot of hot water, then you should consider getting the 750 or 1300-watt dispenser with the larger tank.
- The Faucets of the Dispenser – In terms of faucets, there are also three types of dispensers. The first type is the ones that come without any faucets; these are typically the ones that are intended to replace already existing tanks. The next type is the ones that have only one faucet.
Some dispensers with one faucet can produce only hot water, while with others, you can have both hot and cold water depending on which side you push the handle of the faucet. The third type is the dispensers that you can combine with a water cooler. See our list of top-rated water coolers for more information. In this case, you will need two faucets, one – for hot water and another one – for cold water. As an alternative, you can consider a practical faucet water filter.
How to Install an Instant Hot Water Dispenser in Your Kitchen?
You have already decided to get a dispenser. The first thing that you need to know is how to install an instant hot water dispenser in your kitchen. Below you will find five easy steps that will make the process of installation less challenging:
- The first thing is to make a circle on the counter to mark where you will install the dispenser. Find the center of that spot, and then make a hole with the drill. Use the 3/8-inch bit. Then you can already mount your machine in the ready hole.
- The next thing is to find the mounting bracket and install it under the sink. While placing the bracket, make sure that there is al least 3 inches distance between the bottom of the cabinet and the bottom of the tank. Now it is time to mount the tank on the bracket using screws.
- The third thing you have to do is to install a compression tee. This one sounds challenging, but it is not that hard when you know how to do it. First, turn off the thing that feeds the cold water, which is situated under the sink. Then use a copper cutter to cut the copper tubing. Then install the compression tee mentioned above.
- Now it is time to connect the compression tee to the tank inlet. To do this, you need the compression fittings and the tubing, which should be provided in the installation kit. Cut the tubing making sure that the connections are stress-free.
- If you have a receptacle for a garbage unit or a dishwasher, then you just plug your hot water dispenser in it. If you don’t have such a receptacle, you either need a new circuit or extend another circuit so that you can have an outlet for your dispenser.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Should I mount my dispenser under the sink or on the counter?
This depends on the space and the design of your kitchen. If you don’t think that the dispenser will fit the design of your kitchen, and if you have enough space under the sink, then you can get a machine for under the sink. If you don’t mind that the dispenser will be visible, or you don’t have enough space under the sink, then buy a device for the counter or to hang it on the wall.
- Can the instant hot water dispenser work when the electricity goes out?
No, all dispensers work with electricity.
- Is the hot water dispenser safe to use?
Yes, all dispensers are safe since all the faucets feature an automatic turn off option. Moreover, some devices have a child lock option.
- How much hot water per hour can I get from the dispenser?
This depends on the size and power of the tank. If you have a tank that has the capacity of 1/3 gallons of water and its power is 500 watts, then you can get not more than 60 cups of hot water per hour. However, if the tank of your dispenser is ½ galloons of water, and its power is 750 or 1300 watts, you can get around 100 cups of hot water per hour.
Best Instant Hot Water Dispensers Comparison Chart
|InSinkErator Instant Hot Water Dispenser||$$$||5.4 x 2.8 x 6.2||7 pounds||2/3 gallons||750|
|InSinkErator Contour Instant Hot Water Dispenser||$$||6 x 3.7 x 5.6″||7.4 pounds||2/3 gallons||750|
|Ready Hot Water Dispenser||$$||11 x 8 x 12″||14.5 pounds||2. 5 quart||1300|
|InSinkErator View Instant Hot Water Dispenser||$$$$$||14.5 x 10 x 8.5″||3.8 pounds||2/3 gallon||750|
|Anaheim Quick and Hot Instant Hot Water Tank||$||10.1 x 10.1 x 13.8″||7.65 pounds||5/8 gallon||1300|
|Westbrass Hot Water Dispenser||$$$||12 x 18 x 10″||11.8 pounds||2/3 gallon||780|
|FRANKE Instant Hot Water Filtration Heating Tank||$$||9.4 x 7.8 x 11.6″||9.2 pounds||5/8 gallon||300|
The busy everyday life nowadays makes the possession of an instant hot water dispenser a necessary lux. It gives us the chance to spend more valuable time with our loved ones. Instead of wasting our time waiting for water to get hot to make dinner, we can instantly have hot water and devote the rest of the time to our family. Moreover, instant dispensers are a budget-friendly option to have constant access to hot water.
Saving time and money, instant hot water dispensers have turned out to be a boom at the market. So there are plenty of products of this kind that are worth considering buying. To help you with this, we wrote this guide. We hope that you found our reviews on instant hot water dispensers useful and informative.
Now you are aware of the benefits of instant dispensers, you know how to install them, and you are informed about the pros and cons of the products we have reviewed. We are sure that you will make the wisest choice and get the best instant hot water dispenser for you and your family. If you liked our guide and want access to instant cold water, please visit our refrigerator water filter reviews page, too. Thanks for reading and as always – stay put!