This here is a great value option for your home. The Culligan WH-HD200 Filter is not a huge item but it really packs a punch and will give you a great bang for your buck. But that’s enough metaphors, let’s see what this baby does.
Not only that its price isn’t big but the same can also be said about the size of the filtration system. The dimensions we are talking about are 7.5 x 8.3 x 16.3 inches. This means that you will have no issues installing it right where the pipes enter your house.
Installation Is Not The Strongest Quality Of The Unit
On the downside, the installation process is not very sophisticated. You might need minor hardware and some consumables in order to properly install the unit. It simply doesn’t come with enough parts for you to use.
While the description will tell you that there is a housing wrench, a bracket and other various parts, you will struggle to find nuts and bolts. The set truly contains a number of useful items such as a filter monitor and a battery but the little supplies are not there. Getting a professional plumber to do the installation might be a good idea unless you learn how to do it yourself.
While we are still on the installation topic, we should mention that the seals of the product need some work. There’s barely any silicone lubricant on the edges and that’s a problem. First of all, the filter bypass-off lever is not sealed tightly. Second of all, if you force it, it might break off. Tread lightly.
That Effectiveness, Though
The filters will typically last for about 6-8 weeks. It all depends on the quality of your water. A huge upside here is that you can reuse filters several times after washing them properly. You also have a LED light to prompt you when the filter needs changing. This LED indicator, however, is not very well-fastened and falls off regularly.
What We Have On Paper Can’t Be Neglected
The Culligan Whole House Water Filter will remove all sorts of sand, silt and sediment from your water. It will purify it to the fullest, getting rid of odor, chlorine as well as metals. Another advantage is that you can basically use any filter with it and that includes CW25-BBS, CP5-BBS and many others. Unfortunately, this also means that what you can have removed from your water depends on the filter that you use. A carbon filter is also an option.
All the certifications that this water filtration system has are a sure sign of its quality. The WQA has cleared the product completely as it is certified against NSF/ANSI 372 meaning that the levels of lead in the water after filtration are negligible. Additional certifications are about integrity and mineralization of the water. Taking this into account shows us that this product is right there with all the other fine water filtration systems.
- Budget option – this thing will not get you broke. The initial investment is not huge. You decide on how expensive your filters will be, though.
- Small size – not only it won’t take up a lot of space but it will also be relatively easy to install. The unit is lightweight and it doesn’t have numerous seals and intakes.
- Fully certified – the WQA doesn’t just allow any product to go on the market and offer water filtration. Here you have all the licenses required for such operation.
- The kit isn’t full – you will need to make a hardware store run prior to installing your whole house water filter system.
- Effectiveness depends on the filter you use – yes, the system is compatible with all sorts of filters but it is up to you to choose the one that suits your needs best.
- LED light indicator is flimsy
- The seals are not very tight and bear the danger of breaking if pushed hard