- 1 Best Faucet Water Filters Comparison Chart
- 2 Best Faucet Water Filter Reviews (Updated List)
- 2.1 1. Waterdrop Tap 320-gallon Filter
- 2.2 2. Engdenton Faucet Water Filter
- 2.3 3. ESOW Faucet Mount Water Filter
- 2.4 4. PUR FM2500V Classic Faucet Mount Filter
- 2.5 5. DuPont WFFM100XCH Premier Faucet Mount Drinking Water Filter
- 2.6 6. Brita Faucet Water Filter System
- 2.7 7. HPTC Faucet Mount Water Filter
- 2.8 8. JONYJ Faucet Water Filter
- 3 Who Needs a Faucet Water Filter?
- 4 Signs That You Need a Faucet Water Filter
- 5 Can You Improve The Taste of Tap Water?
- 6 How Does a Faucet Water Filter Work?
- 7 Types Of The Faucet Water Filters
- 8 Benefits & Drawbacks Of Faucet Water Filters
- 9 Features To Look For In The Product
- 10 Faucet Water Filters vs Other Means of Portable Filtration
- 11 Installation and Maintenance of the Faucet Water Filter
- 12 Faucet Mount Water Filters Safety Tips
- 13 FAQ About Faucet Water Filter
- 14 Wrap Up
Buying bottled water can add up to an enormous sum when you calculate how much you spend on it monthly or even yearly. Wouldn’t you prefer to have fresh, clean, and safe drinking water straight from your tap? Of course, you would, and you can!
You can buy a faucet water filter for your household and save your money and protect the environment by using less plastic. You must also want to find the best faucet water filters on the market so you can make a smart decision for your home.
Luckily for you, we’ve tried some products and summed them up for you, in our short faucet water filter reviews and buying guide. In the article below, you will find out more about faucet water filters, what they do, how they do it, their advantages and disadvantages.
Best Faucet Water Filters Comparison Chart
Waterdrop Tap 320-gallon Filter
|View Latest Price|
Engdenton Faucet Water Filter
|View Latest Price|
ESOW Faucet Mount Water Filter
|View Latest Price|
PUR FM2500V Classic Faucet Mount Filter
|View Latest Price|
DuPont WFFM100XCH Premier Faucet Mount Drinking Water Filter
|View Latest Price|
Brita Faucet Water Filter System
|View Latest Price|
Waterdrop 320-Gallon Long-Lasting Water Faucet Filtration System
|View Latest Price|
Best Faucet Water Filter Reviews (Updated List)
Keep reading, and hopefully, by the end, you’ll be ready to make your decision.
1. Waterdrop Tap 320-gallon Filter
Longevity is what sets this filter apart from all other ones in the same class. This Waterdrop unit will last for about 320 gallons (as the name suggests) or three months of regular use. Unfortunately, the set doesn’t include a replacement filter, so you will need to purchase these separately.
As far as effectiveness goes, you will enjoy water without lead and fluorides. We mention these two contaminants, as many other tap filters will not attack and remove them. Needless to say, your water will not have a chlorine taste and will come without odor and smell. One drawback is that you will struggle to find a complete list of the contaminants this system removes.
The connector used to attach the product to the faucet is plastic. Bear in mind that the unit will fit only regular taps. Pull-out, pull-down, or faucets with sensors are not compatible with this filter. The full NSF certifications are a good reason alone for one to buy this system.
- Removes a vast range of contaminants
- Long filter life
- A discount is available when purchasing a 3-pack of replacement filters.
- NSF certified
- No filter change indicator
- Will not remove iron.
2. Engdenton Faucet Water Filter
Just at first glance and touch of this product, it feels like it’s made of stainless steel, and it’s sturdier and heavier than the rest of the products on our list. The activated carbon filter in the cartridge can filter most of the heavy metals from the water, such as mercury and copper. It also removes sand, rust, and the chlorine smell, but it doesn’t work for limescale and fluoride.
What we enjoyed about the Engdenton Faucet Water Filter is that it rotates 360 degrees. It is very helpful when you need more space around the sink. There’s no need for tools to install it. That being said, this product only fits on standard faucets.
Here are some of the pros and cons for this product:
- This faucet water filter doesn’t slow down the water flow.
- The filtered water doesn’t leave an unpleasant aftertaste.
- Standard adapters are included in the package for easier installation.
- Hot water flows at a nice fast rate, too.
- It doesn’t fit non-standard faucets.
- If you don’t wrap the tap in Teflon tape before installing the faucet filter, it might leak.
- You might need to buy a non-standard adapter if your tap isn’t standard.
3. ESOW Faucet Mount Water Filter
The ESOW Faucet Mount Water Filter is made from food-grade stainless steel, which is perfect for what it’s supposed to do. It filters your tap water without giving it a metallic taste. It has a clean design and is a good looking faucet filter made from cracking-proof steel. But it doesn’t have an indicator for when it’s time to change the filter.
This product uses 7-layer ultrafiltration and activated carbon fiber filtration. This product has a switch so you can use it when you want filtered water only. This helps prolong the filter’s life.
It comes with everything needed for the installation included in the package. It can be installed quickly, but first wrapping the tap with Teflon tape is a must. Since it can only be used on standard faucets, you should make sure it will fit yours before purchasing it.
It’s good value for money, considering that the advantages outnumber the disadvantages.
- The product’s construction is sturdy, and it doesn’t leak.
- It doesn’t slow down the water flow.
- Two filter cartridges are included in the price.
- It has a knob to switch between filtered and unfiltered water, but you can also have both sides running.
- This product shouldn’t be used for filtering hot water.
4. PUR FM2500V Classic Faucet Mount Filter
PUR FM2500V Classic Faucet Mount Filter comes with three adapters, so it’s impossible not to be able to install it on your standard faucet. The entire corpus and the on/off lever are made from sturdy plastic, but be careful because it’s more easily broken than the metal ones on our list.
The product is certified to clear tap water from over 70 contaminants, which is more than what the other products on our list do.
The product is worth the investment because it can save you a lot of money on plastic bottles. It can filter up to 100 gallons of water before the filter needs to be replaced.
- This product has an LED indicator for the filter status and informs you when it should be replaced.
- Eliminates up to 99% of lead from the water.
- This product can remove microplastic the size of 2.5 microns.
- The customer support is on point and answers questions quickly.
- The filter doesn’t remove beneficial minerals, such as calcium.
- Water continues to run for a little while after you turn it off.
- Slows down water flow and can get annoying to wait if you’re not very patient.
- This product doesn’t remove fluoride from the water.
5. DuPont WFFM100XCH Premier Faucet Mount Drinking Water Filter
This product does a good job at filtering the tap water and removing the contaminants, plus it makes cloudy water clear. It slows down the water flow a little bit, but it’s tolerable.
The DuPont WFFM100XCH is made from chrome, the grey color and design are appealing to the eye, and it looks stylish when mounted on the faucet.
The color is not the exact one from the picture, but it’s very similar and almost unnoticeable.
If you’re looking for an affordable faucet water filter that will remove sediments, mercury, cysts, linden, and lead, then this is a good product for you. The construction and materials are solid, and it’s easily installed on all types of standard faucets.
You can use the filtered water in your coffee maker and enjoy a better-tasting coffee.
- It can filter some of the fluorides from the water.
- Fast shipping for the product, and for the replacement filters.
- If it comes defective, you can easily return it or get a replacement sent for free.
- It doesn’t have a filter life indicator.
- This product cannot soften the water.
- High pressure may cause it to fall off the tap or start leaking.
6. Brita Faucet Water Filter System
The Brita Faucet Water Filter System is the easiest one from our list to install on the faucet and also works only on standard faucets.
The flow rate is great, it doesn’t slow much when it’s cold water. The filtration system eliminates the most common sediments, metals, and contaminants. But it doesn’t soften the water.
Unlike the other products on the list, Brita faucet water filter has color options. You can choose between white and chrome, but the quality might be slightly different as they are manufactured in different countries.
It’s an affordable product that has a battery life of up to 5 years or even more depending on the usage. It can save you a lot on buying plastic water bottles for a small cost. The replacement filters are also cheap and can last up to 3 months.
- It has a filter replacement reminder.
- The filter can be replaced without having to uninstall the entire system.
- This product has three types of settings: filtered water, a stream of unfiltered water, and a spray of unfiltered water.
- Top-notch customer service and quick answers to questions and complaints.
- It doesn’t have the sturdiest construction and loosens on occasion.
- It can be difficult for some people to tighten it on the faucet because of its design.
7. HPTC Faucet Mount Water Filter
The HPTC Faucet Mount Water Filter is made from 304 stainless steel and has a ceramic membrane system that filters most of the heavy metals and contaminants from your tap water. It gets rid of sand, rust, chlorine smell, and lead.
The installation is straight-forward. The package includes everything you need to mount the faucet filter to your tap, and it can be done in under 5 minutes. It rotates and is convenient for when you need more space for washing dishes, for example.
This product can give you clean drinking water and is also great for coffee makers. It leaves no hard water circles on the water container. It’s a cost-effective way to get safe, pure drinking water from your tap. And it can be used for cooking as well.
- This faucet filter can soften the water.
- This product removes fluoride.
- Hot water can be filtered without damaging the product, too.
- Top-notch customer support – quick and helpful.
- You must check your tap model and size because it might not be suitable for it.
8. JONYJ Faucet Water Filter
The JONYJ Faucet Water Filter appears to be well made and durable. The corpus is made out of 304 stainless steel, which should guarantee no deformation, corrosion, or cracks even if the water pressure is high.
The product seems fitting for its price, but the pleasant surprise is that it comes with two filters in the package. The filter has a standard life of up to 3 months or 320 gallons. It filters the most common water contaminants, like sand, dirt, rust, heavy metals, reduces chlorine smell and taste, but it doesn’t reduce TDS.
All you need of the installation that’s not included in the original package is some plumbing tape for the tap to prevent leaks.
It has a stylish design and color, the size is compact and doesn’t get in your way while you’re using the water. After the initial five minutes, you have to wait after installing it, and you can enjoy healthy and tasty water at any time without waiting.
- It doesn’t have plastic parts inside.
- It doesn’t have a huge impact on the flow, the water flows fast enough.
- It’s affordable and convenient for large families of heavy water drinkers.
- It doesn’t fit pull-out, spray style, or sensor faucets.
Who Needs a Faucet Water Filter?
Clean water is essential for our lives, but we take it for granted. Simply because it’s effortless to turn on the tap and wash our dishes, or fill the coffee maker. That being said, the water that comes from your tap isn’t always the best, is it?
Do you like the taste of bottled water more? Does your tap water stink? If you answered ‘Yes’ to these three questions, then you need an on tap faucet water filter system.
You can invest in a water filtration system once and have clean and tasty water for the whole family straight from your tap. Filtered water is not only better for drinking, but it is also great for making a healthier coffee, healthier meals, you can even water your plants or give it to your pets.
Will you save money with a faucet water filter? Yes. In the long run, you will save money. We’re used to buying so much bottled water that we don’t think to add up the sum of all the bottles. If you do, you’ll realize how much you spend on it. Not to mention that this creates tons of plastic waste that is bad for the environment. Investing in a water filtration system saves you money and is more beneficial for the planet.
Signs That You Need a Faucet Water Filter
Haven’t you asked yourself if there’s a better way to have good tasting water? Why not drink the tap water? Well, there is an easier and more budget-friendly way to get clean water.
Here are some signs that you need an on tap faucet water filter system:
- You have asked yourself the above-mentioned questions;
- Your tap water tastes terrible, and you don’t enjoy drinking it;
- You think you spend too much on bottled water;
- You wish you could use the water from your tap for more than just washing dishes.
Can You Improve The Taste of Tap Water?
Yes, you can. Generally, tap water is considered safe to drink in most parts of the world. It is filtered to remove most of the contaminants, but that doesn’t mean it’s the purest it can be. Moreover, it doesn’t make it taste better or softer.
Small parts of metal shavings or from corrosion from the pipes might get in your water supply as well. Also, to maintain the water systems, chemicals are used to treat them, which go into our tap water.
But these and more water contaminants can be eliminated with a faucet water filter in your home. Installing any type of water filtration system in your home can be your own defense mechanism against the harmful pollutants and bacteria.
You can find more types of water filtration systems, guides, and reviews that we at WaterFiltration.Solutions have prepared for you.
How Does a Faucet Water Filter Work?
The faucet mount water filters are attached at the end of the faucet. Each model has a switch to change the unfiltered water to filtered and back. When you use the faucet filter, the water passes through the non-woven screen, which traps sediments.
After that, the water flows through the carbon, which eliminates the smallest pollutants from the water, including chemicals. Depending on the model, the filter can have additional layers of filtration.
But how do we know if the faucet mount filter works? If the water flows slowly, that means there are a lot of contaminants in it. The slower it flows, the more it’s contaminated.
That being said, you should know that this type of water filtration does not purify the water. Only filters it, and it shouldn’t be used on heavily contaminated water.
Types Of The Faucet Water Filters
Aside from the top-rated water filters, there are also under-sink systems, countertop installations such as great countertop water filters, full-house filtration systems, and water filter pitchers. We will talk about the faucet filter attachments.
In terms of filters, there are two main types that are used in faucet mount filtration systems. They are reverse osmosis and carbon filters. The majority of products on the market use carbon filters.
- Carbon filter – it is used in most types of filtration systems. It is easy to replace, the replacements do not harm the family budget. These filters eliminate most heavy metals, common contaminants. Some models eliminate even lead, cysts, bacteria.
- Reverse osmosis – this type of water filtration is the most efficient one and the most expensive one. It is mostly used for full-house water filtration systems as an efficient reverse osmosis system eliminates most of the harmful pollutants in water.
Benefits & Drawbacks Of Faucet Water Filters
With an inexpensive investment, it is possible to provide your home with pure and tasty drinking water from the tap. But these types of filtration systems are not without flaws.
Here are some advantages and disadvantages of faucet water filters to keep in mind.
- You can switch between filtered and unfiltered water whenever you wish.
- They are super easy to install and to maintain. This includes replacing the filter cartridge and cleaning the faucet water filter.
- These products are relatively inexpensive, including the replacement filters you need to buy.
- They are perfect for drinking, cooking, coffee, for plants, and for pets.
- They save you money on buying bottled water.
- The filters’ capacity is surprisingly broad. They can filter a wide range of water contaminants and give you softer, tastier, and healthier water to drink.
- Most, if not all, faucet-mounted water filter models don’t work for pull-down faucets.
- Most products are only compatible with standard faucet models and sizes.
- They mildly decrease the flow rate.
- They need maintenance, and you should keep a reminder for when to change the filter.
- Some models might take up more space and are inconvenient for smaller sink spaces.
- Some models and some replacement filters might be expensive.
Features To Look For In The Product
You’ll quickly get lost and confused amongst the sea of faucet water filters on the market. That’s why we’ve compiled a shortlist of features to look for in your faucet water filter.
- Filter life – you may want to seek a product that has a long filter life. Most products illustrate the filter life with gallons or months. The average filter capacity is around 300 gallons. You can make your own calculations for how long it will last at your home. For heavy water drinkers, more frequent filter change will be necessary.
- Filter replacement indicator – some faucet water filters have an indicator that tells you when the time has arrived. This makes such products very low-maintenance. Because you don’t need to remember the time you installed it and calculate when to replace it.
- 360-degree rotation – this is a great feature to have on such a product. Sadly, not all faucet filters on the market have it. Being able to swivel the attachment is great and gives you more space around the sink. It’s perfect for washing dishes and bigger trays.
Faucet Water Filters vs Other Means of Portable Filtration
Both types of products do the same thing – filtering your water – but which is better? Well, it depends on your personal preference. Which is more convenient for you and your family? Both types cost almost the same, so the difference there is non-existent.
The differences between faucet water filters and water filter pitchers are mainly at their usability and convenience. Pitchers need to be refilled daily, and the filtration process takes some time. Depending on the model, it can range from 5 to 15 minutes or more. While for patient people, this is not a problem, impatient people do not enjoy waiting for their water to filter.
This makes faucet water filters more convenient because there’s no waiting period. But they cannot ionize the water, while some pitchers can make alkaline water which has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Both need to have their filters changed on a regular basis. Pitchers and faucet-mount filters may have filter replacement indicators, it depends on the model.
So, it all comes down to what you want. Do you want to re-fill a pitcher and wait for the water, or do you want it straight from your tap at any time?
If you wonder whether a water filter pitcher would be a good fit for your home, you may want to read our water filter pitcher reviews and guide.
Installation and Maintenance of the Faucet Water Filter
When you’ve found and purchased your ideal faucet water filter, you will have to set it up. The installation is simple, and for most models, you don’t require any tools. The package usually includes at least two adapters to make the product compatible with the different types of faucet.
You have to remove the faucet aerator to install your water filter. Use one of the adapters from the set, if necessary.
Tighten the faucet filter onto the spout, by hand or with a wrench, if it’s needed. Then turn on the water, leave it running for 5 minutes, and you’re set.
Some models require you to take them off the faucet in order to replace the filter cartridge. But there are a lot of models that have an easy replacement option where complete uninstallation is not needed.
Faucet Mount Water Filters Safety Tips
For safe handling and using of faucet water filters at home, we don’t have any must-do and don’ts. It is important to read the instructions carefully and follow them when you install and activate the product. Regardless of the brand, model, or how easy it says the installation is.
One other important thing to keep in mind is to check what pressure the model is compatible with. If the water pressure is too high, it might blow the filter off. So be careful when you first try the product.
And don’t forget to leave the water filtration system to work for at least 5 minutes before drinking the water.
FAQ About Faucet Water Filter
Q: Can I give filtered water to my pets?
A: Yes. It will be better for your pet to drink filtered water, just like it is for you.
- Will I damage my faucet mount filter if I don’t run water through it for a period of time?
- No. But when you want to use it, you should run the water for 2-3 minutes to activate the carbon filter.
Q: How do I know if my faucet water filter is working?
A: You will feel it in the taste of the water. You can also have the water tested by a third-party company or you can try yourself with a test kit. If you‘re interested in such, you can check some of our reviews on the best water test kits to use at home.
Q: Do faucet water filters change pH?
A: No, unless specified on the product. The majority of products on the market do not change the water pH.
Q: Do faucet water filters add good minerals to the water?
A: No, unless specified on the product. The majority of products on the market do not add anything to tap water.
As a conclusion for our guide, we’d like to sum up what the best faucet water filters can do. They stop and restrict water pollutants from your tap water, leaving it healthier and tastier than before. With one filter, you can last up to half a year without changing it, but it depends on the filter durability and on how much you use it.
The usage of the carbon filter and convenient design makes these filtration systems affordable with easy maintenance. We hope that with our faucet water filter reviews, you will not have to struggle to choose one for your home.
Choosing a sturdy faucet water filter would be a budget-friendly and smart decision. Having such a product is great not only for your entire household, including the plants and pets but also for the environment.
There’s no waiting for the filtration process, only clean drinking water for the whole family.
In case you are into “cooler” products, check out our guide on the best water coolers as well!