- 1 The Best Shower Head Filters 2020
- 1.1 1. AquaBliss High Output Universal Shower Filter
- 1.2 2. AquaBliss High Output 12-Stage Shower Filter
- 1.3 3. Culligan WSH-C125 Wall-Mounted Filtered Shower Head
- 1.4 4. PureAction Shower Head Filter
- 1.5 5. HotelSpa 7-Setting Handheld Shower
- 1.6 6. Torti Lia Multi-Stage Shower Filter For Hard Water
- 1.7 7. G-Promise Luxury Filtered Handheld Shower Head
- 1.8 8. SITAFL High Output Shower Water Filter
- 1.9 9. PureAction Water Softener Shower Head
- 1.10 10. Homspal Shower Water Filter
- 2 Why We Need Shower Head Filters In The First Place?
- 3 Is a Shower Head Water Filter Really Necessary?
- 4 10 Important Benefits Of Using a Shower Filter
- 5 The Most Popular Types Of Shower Head Filters
- 6 The Things You Need to Consider Before You Decide to Buy a Shower Head Water Softener
- 7 Pros & Cons Of Shower Head Filters
- 8 Best Shower Head Filter Comparison Chart
- 9 Wrapping Up
It is a widespread misconception that our body absorbs the most water when drinking. But would you be surprised to have found out that this isn’t the case? When we shower the amount we take in is equal to drinking 1 full gallon of water. Would you expose your body to this much-unfiltered water?
If the answer to the last question is “no” then you could really benefit from using the best shower head filter for hard water you can get. We have described everything you need to know prior to making your purchase. Every section below is dedicated to bringing you sufficient info regarding this type of water filtration.
Start with our shower head filters reviews and move down to the other useful segments of the piece. Our team has conducted some thorough research and has synthesized the information to make it easier to comprehend. Read away!
AquaBliss High Output Universal Shower Filter
|View On Amazon|
AquaBliss High Output 12-Stage Shower Filter
|View On Amazon|
Culligan WSH-C125 Wall-Mounted Filtered Shower Head
|View On Amazon|
PureAction Shower Head Filter
|View On Amazon|
HotelSpa 7-Setting Handheld Shower
|View On Amazon|
The Best Shower Head Filters 2020
Without any further ado, let’s just step forward to our top picks. Bear in mind that they are not presented in any particular order.
1. AquaBliss High Output Universal Shower Filter
This shower filter by AquaBills is a true bestseller amongst its class. And there are two main reasons for this. First, the price is good and budget-saving. And second – the device is very efficient. A mix of three filtrations is used to clean both your hot and cold water. A KDF-55 works well for purifying high-temperature water. An activated carbon filter removes chlorine and other impurities, including heavy metals at low temperatures. The calcium sulfate filter helps both with cold and hot water.
The cartridge of the device is replaceable. The life of the filter is 10,000 – 12,000 gallons or 6 to 8 months. This system comes with standard 1/2″ connections and is very easy to install – several minutes and no tools needed. It can be used with all shower types, including fixed, rain and handheld showers. No problems with the water pressure should be expected. Something important to notice – regardless of the good design, the housing is plastic and not metal.
2. AquaBliss High Output 12-Stage Shower Filter
Another bestseller amongst shower water filters from AquaBliss. If you are super demanding about the possibilities of your shower filter, this one will satisfy your requirements. The SF100 variant is a 12-stage filtration system that will significantly improve the condition of your hair, skin, and nails. And it is a budget-saving choice in the long run.
The lifetime of the filter is approximately 6 months. The main difference from the other product of the same manufacturer is the advanced filtration system. The bonus benefit here is the ceramic balls that help restore healthy skin, reducing itchy skin, dandruff, and eczema. Far infrared balls, zeolite, vitamin C and magnetic energy balls are included. They help nourish your hair and skin. The first and second stage capture large and medium sediments. And the main stages remove chlorine, heavy metals, bacteria, THM’s and impurities. The device is very easy to install. It comes with two filters and it fits all types of showers. Including fixed, rain and handheld.
3. Culligan WSH-C125 Wall-Mounted Filtered Shower Head
This one is a very good suggestion from a known manufacturer at a reasonable price. The Culligan’s WSH-C125 is a showerhead type filter that is mounted to the wall. The head is of good quality, with anti-clog rubber spray nozzles. It is EPA Water Sense certified and has 5 spray settings for better comfort. The performance of the filter is satisfying. It removes up to 99% of the heavy chlorine. Also, it helps with the removal of the impurities that result in dry itchy skin and scalp.
The filter will also reduce the sulfur odor of your water. The product is safe and long-lasting – it is certified by the NFC and has a lifespan of about 6 months. It also comes with a manufacturer limited 5-year warranty. A good thing to know is that you might need to remove the water flow restrictor if the pressure of your water is insufficient. Another thing is that the head itself is a bit heavy. But overall with this product, you will have softer skin and a healthy scalp.
4. PureAction Shower Head Filter
The shower filter of the manufacturer PureAction is a full metal shower head that connects to any standard shower arm very easily. It fits all shower types including wall-mounted, rainfall and fixed showers. In addition, it has an internal filter cartridge with Vitamin C. This filter will remove a wide range of contaminants that result in dry skin and unhealthy hair. It removes chlorine, fluoride, chloramine, heavy metals, bacteria, pesticides, ammonia smell, sulfur, and other sediments. It can be used with well water as well as municipal one.
A cartridge of this filter will last about 8 to 10 months or 10, 000 gallons. The filter is replaceable and you are supplied with an extra one. So when buying this product you get an extra 8 to 10 months. It also has a 1-year warranty. The showerhead is fairly easy to install. It has the standard 1/2″ connections and comes with a Teflon tape.
5. HotelSpa 7-Setting Handheld Shower
The main feature of this product is the luxury handheld shower head that has seven settings and patented On/Off pause switch on the handle. So if you are about to change your shower head, you might want to consider this product. Along with the head, you will get a two-stage shower filter that will supply you with softer and healthier water, free of chlorine and its vapors.
The system uses a KDF media for the filtration and will also remove the damaging chemicals, heavy metals, minerals, and impurities from your water. In the end, you will have more tender skin and lively hair at a very fair price. Also, the cartridge is disposable. What’s more, the product comes with an angle-adjustable overhead bracket and a premium 60-inch flexible stainless steel hose. Basically, if you need a new shower this product is a good choice as it also has the advantage of a shower filter.
Torti Lia Multi-Stage Shower Filter For Hard Water
|View On Amazon|
G-Promise Luxury Filtered Handheld Shower Head
|View On Amazon|
SITAFL High Output Shower Water Filter
|View On Amazon|
PureAction Water Softener Shower Head
|View On Amazon|
Homspal Shower Water Filter
|View On Amazon|
6. Torti Lia Multi-Stage Shower Filter For Hard Water
The Torti Lia shower water filter uses a multi-stage filtration to supply you with water that will leave your skin gentle and healthy. Actually, this product is a quite reasonable choice considering its price. There is a total of 10 filtration stages. Amongst them, a 2-stage fine steel filtration, KDF-55 filter, alkaline, antibacterial and energy ceramic balls, activated carbon filter and calcium sulfite filters. All this gives you the confidence that a huge amount of harmful contaminants will be removed from your water.
The multiple filtrations clean the water from dust and bigger particles, heavy metals, pesticides, bacteria, chlorine, lead, rust, and sediment. The alkaline ceramic balls not only soften the water but help with the bad smell. The cartridge of the filter is replaceable and two cartridges are included in the box. No tools are needed for the installation. The connections are of the standard 1/2″ type. This filter can be used with most of the known showers. It will last approximately six months before replacement. The housing is made of plastic and has a chromium finish.
7. G-Promise Luxury Filtered Handheld Shower Head
This showerhead is among the top products of its kind because of four main reasons. The first one is that it is equipped with a 10-stage filter which helps you get rid of rust, sediment, metals, and chlorine. The second reason is that this showerhead has a long hose, which is very convenient to use as it doesn’t leak and is protected against winding. This hose allows you to reach even the furthest nook of your bathroom while cleaning it.
The third reason is that this showerhead has six different functions you can choose from to enjoy anything from rainfall to power massage. The fourth thing that would make you consider buying this product is a simple fact that it is very easy to install. In case anything happens to your showerhead, there is no need to worry as it comes with a 10-year guarantee.
- This filter reduces unwanted contaminants in the water, such as metals, sediment, and chlorine.
- The product features a very long and convenient hose.
- You can use one cartridge for about six months.
- The device is easy to install, following the illustrated instructions.
- This showerhead is not suitable for half showers.
- The help service tends not to answer very promptly to e-mails.
8. SITAFL High Output Shower Water Filter
The first thing that grabs our attention is the price of this product, which is much lower than the average one. Thanks to this filter, your hair, skin, and nails will be protected from any damages. This product uses vitamin C and medical stone to protect and nurture your hair and skin. Unlike the 12-stage filters, this one does a better job of removing chlorine and fluoride.
The tool features an alkaline ball, which makes water softer. Thanks to its REDOX reaction, this filter eliminates heavy metals. This product is ideal for people with sensitive skin as it makes water softer. The installation of this unit takes a few minutes and doesn’t require any tools. You should consider changing the filter after six months of using it. It is advisable to replace the filter with the same type of filter. Though you shouldn’t worry about any leaking.
- This product has a lower price than the average one.
- The filter protects your skin, hair, and nails from injuries.
- Using this filter helps a lot of people with sensitive skin.
- This tool is easy to install.
- Some customers mention that the filter is larger than necessary, which makes it inconvenient to use.
- Some users complain that some of the filters leak.
9. PureAction Water Softener Shower Head
This water softener eliminates the majority of water contaminants such as heavy metals, rust iron, sediments, chlorine, chloramine, fluoride, and calcium. Soft water rejuvenates your body and makes your skin better, your hair thicker, and your nails harder. When you start using this filter, you will notice that you won’t have any more issues with itchy skin, eczemas, or skin allergies.
The unit is elementary to install, and you can connect it to any fixed or wall-mounted showers. The showerhead features three settings – massage, rain, and power rain. So you can adjust the water flow the way you prefer it. This water softener comes in a luxury set, which includes the showerhead, two replacement cartridges, as well as Teflon tape. You will also be given a 1-year warranty with this product. Before purchasing this filter, you should keep in mind that it is designed only for bathroom use, and you cannot use it for any other purposes, such as dishwashers. Another thing you should note is that it can not be used with a handheld hose as it is a fixed showerhead.
- The showerhead is pretty easy to assemble and attach.
- This showerhead provides powerful water pressure.
- The product comes with a 1-year warranty.
- The showerhead comes in a luxury box with two two replacement cartridges and Teflon tape.
- This filter cannot be attached to a handheld hose.
- Some users complain about a strange sound coming out of the showerhead.
10. Homspal Shower Water Filter
The Homspal shower filter is a cost-effective solution for those who want multiple filtrations. The filter has 10 stages of filtration. Besides the almost obligatory KDF 55, calcium sulfate and activated carbon filters, this unit has also alkaline, ceramic and magnetic energy balls. They help with revitalizing minerals and energizing the water with oxygen, along with the removal and absorption of heavy metals.
An advantage of this filter is also the type of carbon filter – it is a coconut activated one, better and more effective. Thanks to the filtration, your water will be purified from most unhealthy contaminants and will be softer. You’ll get rid of chlorine, heavy metals, medium and small sediments, and bad odor. Considering that one cartridge lasts around 6 months, you will be happy to know that the box comes with two of those or almost a year of healthy shower water. Easy to install and with a standard connection, this filter is effective, yet a budget choice.
Why We Need Shower Head Filters In The First Place?
Since you are on our website and are reading this article, in particular, we will assume that you know a thing or two about drinking filtered water. Even if you aren’t using some top-class water filters already, you are likely familiar with the key health benefits of filtered water.
What we already made clear at the beginning of our piece was that showering is really not that much different than drinking. That being said, the benefits of using a shower head filter are quite a few and they all give you a fairly good reason to actually purchase one of those devices.
A quick peek at a number of shower filter consumer reports will show us that people notice positive changes in their health after bathing in filtered water. Of course, we do not want to make you look for all those benefits yourself and have compiled a list with explanations to make it easy. Here’s what our experts got when it comes to the main benefits of using a shower head filter for hard water.
- The aging process slows down
One of the greatest enemies of our young looks is the Chlorine in municipal water. While chlorine itself protects us from a bunch of diseases and viruses, chloramine which is contained in chlorine presents a few threats to us. And you can rest assured that this substance is contained in hard water.
The aging process is significantly sped up when there’s continuous exposure to chloramine. This is true for both drinking and bathing. Our skin will look older, damaged and irritated. You might not have noticed it yet, but it’s there. A shower filter will prevent this from happening. Not only that your skin will feel softer but soon it will also look better, younger.
- You will save money
This benefit is directly linked to the one above. Your skin will be less dry and since your scalp won’t be so irritated you should be able to save from expensive cosmetics. So since both your hair and skin will feel and look better, you will not need to get all those oils, lotions and shampoos.
In fact, it is proven that many of the best brands produce fine shower filters for hair loss. Don’t expect this device to actually reverse the whole hair loss process but it will at least slow it down. This is another good reason to invest in a filter and end up saving money on treatment.
- Bacteria in the shower will not make it through
Even if your old shower head isn’t rusty, you must be sure that it is rigged with bacteria and viruses. The way such heads are composed and assembled creates really convenient edges and “hiding spots” for bacteria to grow. Add to this the heat and the constant moisture.
Yes, it doesn’t sound good at all. All that gunk will fall out through the shower and pour on your body when you turn the water on. Those millions of microorganisms can easily be stopped and eradicated by a simple filter. Our recommendation is to test your water for microorganisms before and after filtration so that you can physically see the differences.
- Stop that chlorine!
Why would you want more chlorine to enter your body than when you drink your water? You are basically organic matter. What’s important about it is that when chlorine interacts with organic matter, some not so good byproducts occur.
When we shower, our pores also open making it even easier for those chlorine byproducts to infiltrate our body. There are numerous studies on that matter but we aren’t going to dabble in detail. But here we must also mention inhalation.
See, it’s not only about how much water our skin absorbs but also how much chloroform we inhale when taking a shower. During only a 10-minute shower this amount is equal to drinking about 7-8 glasses of unfiltered chlorinated water.
This doesn’t defeat the purpose of also using a top-notch whole house water filter system. You also want to have purified drinking water, not only one in which you bathe.
- Reduces cancer threat
Nothing can prevent cancer at 100% but we can surely do whatever we can to reduce the possibility of getting it. We go back to the chlorine in our municipal water and all the negative effects that it has especially when heated. In a hot environment such as your bathroom, your body intakes chlorine both through your pores and your lungs.
Inhaling such doses of chlorine is a direct threat and can lead to a series of bad health issues. Furthermore, drinking chlorinated water is actually isn’t as bad as bathing in one. When we drink unfiltered water, our stomach has its ways of dealing with the contaminants. When we take chlorine through our skin, it ends up in our bloodstream really quickly.
The three organs that are typically attacked are kidneys, bladder, and rectum. By installing a shower head filter you make sure that the amounts of chloramine are significantly reduced if not abolished completely.
- Less risk for pregnant women
The problem here lies not only with the mother herself but with the unborn child also. Contaminants in water are especially bad for women who are pregnant and such particles need to be taken out from every water source in the house. This goes especially for showerheads.
In order to ensure the good health of both organisms, we advise you to get the best vitamin C shower filter available. We will give you more information on this type of filter in a section further down the guide. Again, chloramine is the biggest foe here.
- Eliminate some health risks for children
Another great benefit of shower filters is the fact that they allow our children to grow healthier. There’s nothing worse for a young body than exposure to all sorts of toxins and harmful substances. Most health-related issues are asthma and lung permeation. A moisturized, dam, hot environment creates the “perfect” conditions for such diseases. Juvenile asthma can be controlled well in case the proper filter for the shower is used.
Allergy attacks are also a common consequence of bathing in chloramine. The poor air quality enhances that. Also, sinus infections shouldn’t surprise you in case you do not use a showerhead filter.
- Enough toxin exposure already
We love technology and constant improvement. This leads to our towns being polluted and us being exposed to about 80, 000 toxic substances. But did you know that our municipal water supply typically carries about 2000 of them? Well, now you know.
Since we have more than 70, 000 toxins to worry about, how about we at least eliminate the threat of the ones contained in unfiltered water. A simple check shows us that obtaining a fine shower head filter to reduce iron in water will significantly improve your health.
Overall, you will feel fitter and in better shape when you bathe in filtered water. What’s more is that you will feel less pain, physical fatigue, and even mental exhaustion. Our organism simply feels better after being in contact with some cleansed water.
Is a Shower Head Water Filter Really Necessary?
Before you decide whether you need a shower water filter, it is a good idea to learn about shower head water filter benefits. The answer to this question would be easy if the shower water you used were pure without any contaminants in it. Then we would simply say that since there are no bacteria, germs, or chemicals in the water, then you don’t need a shower filter.
- However, nowadays, this is not the case with the water coming from supply stations. If you need to prove this to yourself, you can call your water company and ask them which chemical they use to purify the water. If they say that they use chlorine or chloramine, then a shower filter is essential for you.
- There are a lot of bacteria and microorganisms that live in the showerhead, and they pour down on your body the moment you start showering. The only way to get rid of them is by using a shower filter.
- Scientists say that when you use a shower, you absorb more unwanted chemicals through your skin than when you drink tap water. It is an excellent idea to have both a shower filter and a faucet water filter. Thus you will reduce the number of water contaminants that may enter your body. To help you find the best faucet water filter, we would recommend you to visit our homepage and read reviews of these products. Remember that clean drinking water is essential to our health.
- You also need a shower filter if you don’t want to suffer from asthma or any allergies. It is again chlorine that causes most of the skin allergies. So in order to get rid of it, you need a shower filter.
- Shower filters do reduce the number of toxic chemicals that water may contain. Only when you get one, you will find the answer to the question ‘Do shower filters work?’. You will see immediate results.
10 Important Benefits Of Using a Shower Filter
We are really concerned about the quality of the water that we drink, but we seldom think about the characteristics of the shower water we use. It appears that shower water is as essential to our health as the water we drink. So here comes the shower filter, which can help us have the top quality of shower water. Before getting such a device, though, we should get familiar with the ten essential benefits of using a shower filter.
- Eliminates unwanted chemicals – to kill germs and bacteria in the water that they supply to your home, the water supply companies put some chemicals in it. These chemicals do eliminate bacteria, but they can also be harmful to your skin. That’s why you need a shower filter to get rid of these chemicals. Depending on the substances that your water supply company uses, you can either get a shower filter for fluoride or a shower filter for chlorine.
- Helps your respiratory system – the chlorine that can be contained in the water you use is very bad for your respiratory system. If you inhale chlorine, this can lead to respiratory problems, which can even be life-threatening. So if there is chlorine in your water, you’d better think of getting a shower filter which to eliminate it.
- Helps you to protect your children – the chemicals we mentioned above can be dangerous for our health, but they are even more hazardous for the health of children. All these chemicals can bring serious health problems to your children. Only a shower filter can help you with this issue.
- Boosts your energy – it has been scientifically proven that chlorine leads to the feeling of fatigue. So once you start using shower filters, you will notice that your energy will come back to you.
- Minimizes the risk of cancer – researches have shown that there is a direct link between chlorine and some types of cancer like breast and bladder one. We are sure that everyone would like to reduce the risk of getting cancer. Now it is possible to do it by using shower filters.
- Makes your skin healthier – if you use water with chlorine for a long time, this will affect your skin and will make it look older. However, using a shower filter, your skin will become smoother.
- It is a budget-friendly option – as we have already mentioned, chlorine is bad to your skin. You have to buy a lot of expensive cosmetic products. So if you filter your water, your skin will look better without having to buy all these products.
- Makes sure your unborn baby will be healthy- it is proven that chloramine and chlorine can have negative effects on the unborn babies. That’s why you need a shower filter to purify the water you use and reduce unwanted contaminants.
- Stimulates your mental and physical health – there is some hypothesis that chloramine and chlorine can affect your mental and physical health. Using a shower filter will stimulate the blood circulation of your body and will lead to better mental and physical health.
- Makes the atmosphere at your home fresh – the presence of chlorine in water causes the appearance of chloroform in the air, which is not healthy. Shower filters will reduce the amount of chlorine in water and thus the chloroform in the air.
The Most Popular Types Of Shower Head Filters
Knowing which exact filter to get is key because you don’t want to waste your money on a product that will not meet your requirements. In the name of making sure to satisfy your bathing and water filtration needs, we will take a look at a few popular types of shower filters. They are divided based on the type of media used inside.
- KDF Filters
So these interesting gadgets utilize a small electrical charge to free our water from contaminants. The main components of a KDF Filter are zinc and copper. Thanks to the interaction between the two, the charge in question occurs. As you take your shower you will never feel any electricity as the power of the charge is completely negligible.
But the contaminants will feel it. Because molecules of various substances such as chlorine are split, some harmless electrolytes are formed. Now if you have some low water pressure, then the KDF filter will not be really of much use. It needs the water flow to be powerful so that the charge can be created.
Additionally, those filters will not remove any chloramine from your water. This sort of defeats the purpose of everything we mentioned in the previous section about chlorine and its negative effects on human health.
- Carbon filters
These are among the more popular ones when it comes to any kind of water filtration. There are a number of upsides of activated carbon filters. On top of the list, this is a cheap water filtration option. Activated carbon filters do not cost a lot to either make or purchase.
Along with that, they will remove chloramine from your water. What is a big setback, however, is the fact that their functionality depends on the water temperature. A carbon filter will stop being effective after a certain temperature is reached. More often than not, people use such filters in their kitchen or to maintain their water filter pitchers. Really a good option for cold water and not a hot one.
- Vitamin C filters
That sounds like a fun thing, doesn’t it? We don’t use such filters anywhere but in our bathroom for the showerhead. Those devices are exceptionally effective against chloramine and that’s their bread and butter. While other filters might remove up to 75%-80% of chloramine, here we have the whopping 99% or chloramine reduction.
Additionally, the tube inside the filter will release vitamin C to revitalize your skin and improve your health. Vitamin C also aids in the removal of some contaminants. On the other hand, the purchase price is substantial in comparison to other similar products. Changing the filter also costs more than average. Its life isn’t very long too.
The biggest drawback is that besides chlorine you shouldn’t expect anything else to be removed from your bathing water.
The Things You Need to Consider Before You Decide to Buy a Shower Head Water Softener
The four main things you need to think about when you are choosing a shower water softener are the amount of water that you use, the hardness of your water, the price of the product, and the cost of maintenance. Knowing these things, you will be able to decide which will be the most budget-friendly option for you.
- The amount of water that you use – it is essential to know how much water you use because this is directly linked to the flow rate of the showerhead softener. There is a specific limit of water that each water softener can supply for one minute. As expected, when the water enters the shower head water softener, the water flow slows down. Most of the products available on the market have the capacity to provide two gallons of water per minute.
- The hardness of the water you use – you can quickly test how hard the water at your home is by using a water test kit. The test will show you how many mineral grains are contained in one gallon of water or, in other words, how hard your water is.
If you want to find a good water test kit, we would advise you to visit our homepage and read our reviews and buying guides, which will introduce the different types of water test kits and their benefits and drawbacks. If it appears that there are too many mineral grains per water gallon, then you need to consider getting a shower filter for hard water.
- The price of the product – there is a wide variety of showerhead water softeners on the market. They vary in price, as well as in other characteristics. Don’t always go for the cheapest option because it may have a lot of drawbacks, and thus, it may not work correctly. Sometimes more pricey options are better because their high-quality features compensate for the high price. One thing is for sure; you need to do serious research before you choose your product.
- The cost of maintenance – how much money you will give for the maintenance of your showerhead water softener is related to the cost of the product. Most of the time, cheaper shower heads require more maintenance, which makes them just the opposite of budget-friendly. Typically, the only thing that you will have to do if your product is of good quality is to replace it after six months of using it.
For more general use, one should also consider buying an efficient water softener.
Pros & Cons Of Shower Head Filters
It’s not all roses when it comes to filtering water at home. When trying to locate the perfect water filtration system you will have to make a few decisions. Here we will face some of the advantages and disadvantages of shower filters.
- Cheaper than other filtration systems – the device is not large. Since it is relatively small, it can be compared to a water filter pitcher or a good portable water filter. This drives the price down. The larger the filtration system, the larger the price.
- Easy to install – those things are not tough to mount. They come with easy instructions and you just have to snap the product on to the showerhead. You will rarely if ever, need any extra tools such as a saw, nuts and bolts, a frame or casing. Get your screwdriver ready and you are good to go.
- Instant filtration – many other water filtration systems need some time to produce a certain amount of filtered water. In the present case, you have instantly fresh water coming out of your showerhead. There’s no tank storing water and there’s no reduction in water pressure as well. Your GPM will stay the same and you can even measure the GPM to make sure.
- Point-of-use only – you get clean water only through one faucet (the shower). You will need to purchase multiple filtration devices if you want to cover every faucet at your home. There are also whole house water systems to consider.
- Not as effective as we’d want them to be – in all fairness, there’s something left to be desired when it comes to how extensive this type of filtration should be. Many contaminants will still make it through. The type of filter you choose will also determine which threats will be removed and which ones will remain in your water.
- Replacing must happen often – since these are smaller products, they will wear out quicker than other cartridges. You will have to replace your filter regularly and more often than not, this will need to happen once a month. Not to mention that some filters such as Vitamin C are more challenging to replace.
Best Shower Head Filter Comparison Chart
|PRODUCT||DIMENSIONS||WEIGHT||STAGE||FILTER LIFE||SPECIAL FEATURES|
|AquaBliss High Output Universal Shower Filter||3.7 x 3.7 x 5.4"||14.9 ounces||3||6 to 8 months||No tools needed / Can be used with all shower types|
|AquaBliss High Output 12-Stage Shower Filter||7.7 x 3.8 x 3.7"||1.5 pounds||12||6 months||Fits all types of showers / No tool|
|Culligan WSH-C125 Wall-Mounted Filtered Shower Head||4.8 x 8.5 x 12.2"||1.5 pounds||5||6 months||Stationary design / Anti clog rubber spray nozzles|
|PureAction Shower Head Filter||5 x 5 x 2.5"||10.6 ounces||3||8 to 10 months||Includes 2 Filters Cartridges + 1 Teflon Tape|
|HotelSpa 7-Setting Handheld Shower||6 x 4 x 9"||1.5 pounds||2||6 to 9 months||7 settings and patented On/Off pause switch|
|Torti Lia Multi-Stage Shower Filter For Hard Water||3.3 x 3.3 x 4.7"||1.37 pounds||15||6 months||No tools needed / CONSISTENT WATER PRESSURE|
|G-Promise Luxury Filtered Handheld Shower Head||10.6 x 6.3 x 4.1″||3.45 pounds||10||6 months||6 adjustable setting |
|SITAFL High Output Shower Water Filter||7.7 x 3.6 x 3.6″||1.3 pounds||15||1 year||Vitamin C Included|
|PureAction Water Softener Shower Head||3 x 4 x 3″||6.1 ounces||2||6-8 months||3 High Pressure Setting / Adjustable Rotating Swivel Ball Joint|
|Homspal Shower Water Filter||7.9 x 3.6 x 3.6″||1.3 pounds||10||6-8 months||Work with any shower head and handheld shower.|
Hopefully, our piece has provided some clarity over the matter of getting the best shower head filter for hard water on the market today. We believe to have shed some light on the benefits and the advantages of using such a product. Our crew is always for you compiling shower head filter reviews and giving you tips regarding your purchase.
Leave us a comment and let us know whether you found our guide useful. Our recommendation and feedback are vital to what we do so if we’ve missed anything, please let us know. Don’t forget to see some of our other guides on water filtration as well. Thanks for reading and as always – stay put!